Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Protein Shake Idea

Finally getting a post up on this! Sorry for the delay!

First, I want to say what a great job everyone has done as we've added tabatas to the workouts! I wasn't sure what people were going to think.....but you've all managed to stay alive, including myself! They are such a phenomenal way to get in very effective training which hits both the cardiovascular side and the FAT burning side. Bottom line, if you are pushing it to where you should be pushing it....you should be dripping with sweat after the workouts! Way to go on those and I'm looking forward to watching the progress!

Secondly, I had put up a simple recipe for protein shakes on the website previously. But, since had made a few changes which didn't keep the recipe on there. A couple of people asked what it was again. This is what I typically have when I get home. You can certainly morph it depending on what you like. I like to add some GOOD fat to it, some more fiber, etc. to make it more of a complete meal. Here ya' go!

1. Heaping scoop of whey protein isolate (Currently I use the NOW brand from the Fresh and Natural Foods on Hwy 96). No artificial crap in it.

2. About a 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup low fat coconut milk

3. 2 heaping tablespoons of ground flax seed. (grind the seeds in a coffee grinder and PUT THEM IN THE FREEZER to keep the good fats intact)

4. Tablespoon of bee pollen. Google it. Good for you!

5. Any combination of frozen berries. I typically use blueberries, rasperberries, blackberries, etc. You can certainly use a banana, frozen mango, etc. Whatever you like. Don't necessarily over-do it on the fruit though.

6. Enough water to your liking and consistency.

Blend and enjoy!

No comments: