Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Week of Boot Camp

First off, I want to congratulate all the new recruits for getting through their first week of boot camp! You may have been thinking, "What the hell did I get myself into?", "Who is this freak woman making me feel like my heart is going to explode?" and "Why am I crawling on the floor?"

That's right, you won't find people doing the stuff you are doing at a typical gym. I'm proud of your efforts and your courage to jump right in!

For those of you who have been around and can now claim yourselves as "semi-professionals" at this, you may have realized that there has been a slow evolution over time as to the types of movements you guys are doing. For the most part, the exercises you are doing get the most "bang for your buck" because they are full body, full exertion and they offer full puking capacity. Just kidding, but really, I'm not.

Remember that you have to freedom to make this as challenging as you want. That is where you get your results from! Let alone, what you pull from your kitchen cupboards and put in your mouth. This past Monday, I briefly mentioned to the night class the 23/1 rule. I get you for 1 hour...and you have 23 hours to make decisions on your own! That is where the food logs come into play. Hopefully, you can take advantage of that and slowly make the lifestyle changes necessary to reach your goals!

The Basics:
1. First, go for FOOD QUALITY
2. Second, go for FOOD QUANTITY

Quit eating crap. Quit eating the things that make you bloated, constipated, give you headaches, make you feel sluggish....and give you a TOTAL LIFE BUZZ KILL.

Treat your body like a temple. What else do you have to walk around?

Quick Tips:
1. Ditch the cereal habit.
2. Mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes. (Some of you know this tip already, but it was new to me.....I'm gonna try it!)
3. If you have an alcoholic drink, go for red wine. No, not 4 glasses.

Now, go take life on. Be strong to live stong.

Kate
www.TheAthleteLab.com

No comments: