Monday, March 2, 2009

Bonnie's Transformation!

I have been so excited to share an incredible weight loss story that has occurred right before our very eyes these past 4 months. If you've been participating in the boot camps, you've probably noticed that Bonnie, from the 9:30 am class, has made some SERIOUS changes in her lifestyle habits and they've paid off ten-fold. She is an incredible example of what good nutrition and intense exercise can do for you in a matter of months.

Bonnie now has lost over 85 pounds total. This includes a 60 pound loss previous to starting the boot camps, which entailed a COMPLETE overhaul on her eating habits. The boot camps have kicked her metabolism into a new gear, which has allowed her to shed even more weight!

I remember the first day of boot camp for her. We were outdoors at Community Park and it was a struggle for her just to get through the warm-up. She felt nauseous, could barely get through the runs and I thought she would never come back.

She proved us all wrong and since went on to make the biggest change of anyone in the classes!

Below are her "before and after" pictures, as well as, a synopsis of the journey to her success!

Way to go Bonnie, we are all so very proud of you!

I encourage you to post comments about things you may have changed for yourself or to simply give a HURRAY to Bonnie! Click on "comments" at the end to share your thoughts!



WHAT MADE YOU DECIDED TO MAKE THE COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF?
I knew I was on a crash course as far as my health was concerned. I was ready to make permanent lifestyle changes from the inside out that would equip me to live a vibrant, healthy life in my fifties, sixties and beyond. I set out to detoxify my life and really “go for it” to create the life I wanted.

2. HOW DID YOUR FOOD CHOICES PLAY A ROLE IN YOUR SUCCESS?
I worked with a naturopathic doctor to help me develop a plan to detoxify and restore my health. Then I followed the plan by avoiding/eliminating the foods I tested sensitive to as well as sugar, alchohol, artificial sweeteners and additives. When I follow the plan it leaves only whole, fresh, quality, real foods. Drinking lots of water and taking recommended supplements have also been helpful.

3. HOW HAVE THE BOOT CAMPS HELPED YOU?
Boot camps have accelerated my results in all areas of health and fitness. From my first boot camp session on October 20th, 2008 through the boot camp session ending February 13th, 2009 I significantly increased my strength, muscle tone, cardio stamina, flexibility and overall fitness level in addition to losing 24 lbs. and reducing my body fat by 5% (this was on top of already losing 60 lbs. and 10% body fat in the 6 months before starting boot camp). The structure, coaching, group dynamics and enthusiasm of the program keep me inspired. I also have a new vision and belief in what my body is capable of and what I can accomplish in other areas of life outside the gym.

4. HOW DO YOU STAY CONSISTENT WITH YOUR NEW HABITS?
I put boot camp and the activities that support my health goals first on my schedule, build in accountability, schedule alternative workouts during breaks and plan ahead so I always have good food choices in easy reach. Focusing on results from the inside out with a mind-body-spirit approach helps keep me on track.

5. DO YOU HAVE SPECIFIC GOALS IN MIND FOR THE FUTURE?
Get my body fat under 25%. Continue to build strength especially in my core and upper body. Regain full mobility in knees. Continue building health from the inside out. Apply the skills I have developed to achieve physical transformation to get results in other areas of life.

1 comment:

wheels said...

Bonnie you look absolutely fabulous and must be so happy with the new you.............!!!!!