Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lisa's Story

I absolutely love hearing about other people's backgrounds and stories. It always paints a picture in my head about each person's personal goals, struggles, habits and reasons why they do what they do. It's like a virtual "novel".

I know a common theme in my blogs usually relates to nutrition. I hope that you have gained some insight into the importance of it....possibly changing your entire perspective on how you feed yourself. I know that several of you have been working so hard on changing your habits!

I have two testimonials that I have been excited to share for several weeks that relate to major changes in eating and lifestyle habits. Both tell a unique story, yet there are many similarities in what they struggled with and how they overcame their challenges.

Lisa and Bonnie are in the 9:30am class. Both have had to struggle with weight, energy and overall health related issues from the past. This past year they both decided to put control back in their hands.

I will first share the email that I received from Lisa a few weeks ago.

Next week I will share Bonnie's story, which is amazing as well! If you've been in the boot camps since last fall, chances are that you've seen her "shrink before your very eyes". She made some serious decisions about her health even before joining boot camp, but after joining boot camp, it kicked her metabolism and strength several notches further!

I am so happy for them both!

HERE IS LISA'S STORY:

I just thought I would update you on what I've been doing and where I have been. I am coming back on Feb. 23 and renewed the membership.

I have been suffering with major fatigue for the last 3 years. It came to a head a few months ago when I started boot camp. I saw my sleep nurse (because I'm an excessively "sleepy" person), but there were no signs of apnea or restless leg sydrome.

I had more blood tests done, but they were normal. I did some research on chronic fatigue and found that my symptoms were amazingly the same.

I have been gaining about 5 pounds each year for the last 3 years. Additionally, I gained 8 pounds this last year. I have always been more active than the average person and was having a really hard time with this. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

I went to my chiropractor, since he helped me with just about everything else, and was informed about a detox program he was offering. They promote and sell Standard Process supplements which are organic, whole food supplements. I am already on a few of them.

I started the detox 13 days ago and have 8 days to go. I have not felt this good since my early 20's. It is a liver and kidney detox. For the first 11 days, you can only eat organic fruits and veggies along with smoothies supplemented with powdered formula. On day 11 you can add lean organic protein sources, brown rice or quinoa.

MY POINT.......I learned the hard way about what you've been stressing to everyone in the blogs. I realized that this is the ONLY way!!!

I slowly started adding my runs in. Nice, slow and easy. I feel like a 25 year old again, literally. I am also down 6 pounds. That part always comes slow for me. I have another 7-10 pounds to lose, but I am much more confident that it will come off.

I now GET IT!!!!

Thank you for the blogs and the wonderful program you have brought to our area. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives leading and cheering us on to better health and happiness. I will see you at the end of the month.

Lisa Daly

No comments: