Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jumbo Shrimp!

I'd like to share another healthy recipe that is one of our family's favorites! Some of you have already tasted it at previous gatherings, but may not have the recipe yet. Whenever I go to parties and I bring this, I get at least 3 people asking for the recipe!

I got this from a Experience Life magazine over two years ago.

Next time I make this, I will use JUMBO shrimp and serve it as a main meal. YUM!

Some side dishes that may work well together with this:
Roasted asparagus
Red potatoes with chopped chives/sea salt/butter.
Field greens salad

A HUGE PILE OF BROILED/GRILLED SHRIMP
Note: When making this, I never really measure anymore. I just add the amounts of things based on taste. You can certainly be more precise though.

3 pounds pre-cooked shrimp (if you use JUMBO shrimp, then the amount will probably be less)
1/3 C. Olive oil
2 Garlic Cloves crushed (I'm a garlic lover, so I usually add more than this)
1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
1 Tbs. squeezed lemon (I usually add more)
2 Tbs. rosemary (usually add more if it's dried)
Sea Salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp. paprika (or to taste)

Marinade for a few hours or overnight.

During the winter, broil the shrimp for about 3 minutes on each side (spread them out on a broiler pan or something) Watch so you don't burn them!

During the summer, stick em' on a skewer and grill.

Enjoy!

No comments: