Thursday, February 5, 2009

My New Fave.

On our way up to my sister-in-law's last weekend, I had time to read my favorite health magazine, Experience Life. There are always a couple pages dedicated to "new" things to eat, which I love to read about and eventually try.

The one that caught my attention was Living Harvest Hemp-milk!

I told my husband about all the health benefits from it (out of my own fascination), and all he said was...

"How do you milk a hemp plant?"

I just rolled my eyes and cracked up. :)

Well, needless to say, I was at Mississippi Market last week and lo' and behold it jumped out at me from the shelves, so I needed to try it!

Wow, it's pretty darn good and the health benefits are AMAZING!

1. It has the correct ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
2. ZERO sugar!
3. Only 1 carb per serving!
4. Only 70 calories per serving too! (although, I'm not a calorie counter).

Put it in your smoothies, over your cereal, use it for cooking/baking. Keep it in your secret stash.

I will have to see if Fresh and Natural carries it too!

Cheers!
Kate

No comments: